Luwek like other Northern Villages were devastated by the years of Civil Wars, dictatorship leaders, diseases and corrupt ones up to now are letting us behind; the Soul of the Northern was lost, the Country side had lost direction and most Villagers had resigned to that terrible fate to uncertainty. Many right thinking Villagers knew that something had to be done but they never had the Idea and concept of how they could rescue this Village from multrinutrition, poverty etc. But on the other hand, life has also became a mess with the environment-I mean Nature mostly and with generation that passes by, situation seems not changing.
Above all, every serious human endeavor will always have a beginning. And many people have got very good projects in mind but they never get guts to take the first step to kick start the implementation of those good Ideas and translate them into Action. Given sorrow that Luwek is going through, hopefully Nyerology is to give birth to PERMACULTURE NORTH so as to break through Permaculture to make a change as well as beauty. With nothing more than my head, hand and the background that accompany me, am hopefully undertaking the duty to lay the foundation for the struggle that I hope will lead to increased better Food Variety and economic emancipation which cannot be congratulated individually but I hope will leave me with no option but to recognize the day when it all started. Hence herein, PERMACULTURE NORTH is hopefully to lay the foundation for the struggle that will rescue Luwek and make her the Pearl of North.
With my little knowledge of observation of acquaintance with facts, Permaculture is the Art and Science of designing human beings’ place in the environment. Permaculture design is a system of assembling conceptual, material, and strategic components in a pattern that functions to benefit life in all its forms.
Permaculture taught me to understand and flash on the pattern that is found in healthy natural environments. In Permaculture, we work with, rather than against, nature; of protracted and thoughtful observation rather than protracted and thoughtless action; of looking at systems in all their functions, rather than asking only one yield of them; and allowing systems to demonstrate their own evolutions.
1. Responsibility for our actions and the outcomes, for what we leave behind. We should know that it’s our responsibility for our own existence and that of our children.
2. Cooperation, not competition, is the basis of future survival.
3. The rules of use of natural resources: Reduce waste, hence pollution; thoroughly replace lost minerals; do careful energy accounting.
4. Law of return: whatever we take we must return.
5. Care of the earth, care of the people: Provisions for all life systems to continue and increase provision for people to access those resources necessary to their existence.
6. Setting limits to population and consumption.
7. Hey, Permaculture doesn’t shun technology at all. If technology can help to achieve the desired outcome, go for it.
|Fish Ponds in rectangular+ circular Tanks, Veggie gardens & Orchard!|
8. One of Birch’s six principles of natural systems: Our ability to change the face of the earth increases at a faster rate than our ability to foresee the consequence of change.
With Permaculture, everyone can build productive, profitable, sustainable, cultivated ecosystems, which as well include people, and have the diversity, stability and resilience of natural ecosystems. To me, without Permaculture, we shall mess up with the environment and there won’t be possibility of a stable social order. So go PERMACULTURE NORTH!